The Social VR team at Facebook is looking for a contract Content Strategist who is excited about helping people connect through virtual reality and 360 media experiences. We're looking for an experienced UX writer who is proactive, comfortable with ambiguity and able to educate people about complex concepts. You will be working with the content strategy team to:
* define the voice and tone for Facebook's virtual reality products
* extend Facebook's existing standards to embrace immersive environments, new interactions, and new product concepts
* write tooltips, educational units and messaging in VR and 360 products
* create short and long-form copy that resonates with a global audience
* partner with designers, product marketing managers, researchers and other cross-functional partners to optimize user journeys
You have a passion for writing content and building new experiences for virtual reality and 360 media experiences, and the following skills and experience.
* Knowledge of how to plan and write content for mobile and web interfaces.
* Hands-on writing and editing experience in web and mobile (VR, a plus)
* Familiarity with design thinking and user experience
* Strong collaboration skills; ability to partner with research to gain empathy for different audiences
* Ability to thrive in a flat, fast-moving organization that uses light-weight process to have a huge impact
BA/BS degree required