The Research Operations & Academics team is seeking an Academic Relations Community Program Manager to join the exciting and rapidly growing world of research and engineering at Facebook. The Academics team is a central organization that supports, establishes and drives key external and collaborative research initiatives across the company based on strategic needs of the business. The Community Program Manager will work with the Community Engagement Manager to support and manage the Facebook Research marketing properties and programs. This includes content creation and editing to support targeted communications to research and academic audiences covering all of Facebook's research portfolio, maintaining and updating the research website and social media properties, and managing monthly business analytics to drive a marketing insights approach.
Candidates should demonstrate a proven ability to build proactive, innovative communications programs, as well as produce and edit content materials, including written, graphic and multimedia, using multiple channels. This person should be a self-starter with an eye for creating compelling high-quality, measurable research audience-appropriate communications, and the ability to manage cross functional projects with critical thinking skills.
The ideal candidate is a strong detail-oriented project manager, with editorial experience in digital content management and data analysis. This position is up to 40 hours per week, reports to the Community Engagement Manager, and is located in Menlo Park, CA.
- Coordinate updates to primary academic research communications channels, internal and external — web, blog, social media, multimedia and traditional collateral with a focus on building the brand
- Collaborate with Academics team colleagues, plus central policy/comms team, legal team, marketing, media creation, and others as appropriate, to create and deliver compelling content
- Produce monthly website analytics. Familiarity with google analytics a plus
- Write and edit collateral copy and blogs, and oversee writing, editing and production process for deeper technical research stories. Must have strong editorial skills to ensure quality communications to the academic community
- Manage the development of marketing collateral working with internal teams and external vendors
- Produce corresponding deliverables including, but not limited to, collateral, slides, video screen captures, basic web graphics
- Facilitate internal content approval process across legal and communications teams
- Manage internal and external communication calendars and channels to highlight team and research successes
- Closely collaborate with broader teams for marketing content
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining close attention to detail to deliver high quality results, meeting short, frequently changing deadlines
- Be effective in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, startup environment
- 4+ years of communications management required, including metrics and quantitative analysis
- 4+ years of professional technical writing/content creation experience required
- Ability to balance strategic thinking with tactical application
- Ability to work effectively on multiple projects with competing priorities
- Detail oriented
- Ability to collaborate internally and externally, demonstrate interpersonal awareness
- Basic Photoshop and design skills a plus
- Preference for candidates with previous engagement experience with research or academic publications
Bachelor's Degree in technical communications, marketing, public relations, media studies, business and/or related fields