Our Client seeks an experienced Consumer Communications Manager to join its DACH (Germany, Austria, Switzerland) communications team. The successful candidate has strong consumer media contacts— in online, print and broadcast as well as consumer special interest and tech press outlets. This role offers the opportunity to think out of the box, come up with strategic innovative ways to cut through by utilizing our own digital channels and by seeking sustainable partnerships that will help tell our story. We want to make sure that the people using our services are at the center of what we do and the stories we tell.
You will work closely with Facebook’s other members of the communications organization, our marketing team, policy team and our partnerships teams to amplify integrated proactive campaigns. Candidates should demonstrate an ability to work cross functionally with teams across the board, lead proactive and reactive communications programs with tangible results and to define strategy – and have impact for meaningful projects in our community.
This person will also lead communications for consumer products making sure these are relevant locally and help build cultural moments.
This role requires excellent communication and writing skills both in English and German, as well as the ability to manage multiple high-level projects simultaneously. The ideal candidate is capable of articulating complex issues in an easy-to-digest manner, and has a passion for creating new projects and building relationships with diverse constituents. Strong organizational and management skills are both key to success in this role.
This is a full-time position based in Hamburg or Berlin reporting into the Communications Director, DACH.
- In collaboration with product, partnerships and policy teams, develop proactive communication plans for products and issues associated with Facebook’s consumer-facing products.
- Conceptualize and execute creative 360 degrees PR campaigns with a strong focus on digital
- Work cross-functionally with executives across the company as well as peers in communications including product, platform, strategic partnership, corporate, international, policy, etc.
- Drive coverage in consumer, broadcast, regional media, tech, business and trade press around Facebook’s mission of helping to connect, communicate and share in a unprecedented ways
- Support proactive and reactive communications strategies and day-to-day media handling around all issues touching Facebooks app and functionalities
- Amplify how public figures are using Facebook in entertainment outlets
- Build and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders, such as executives, communications managers, and over time, journalists, bloggers, community leaders and other influencers and opinion makers
- Protect and enhance awareness of Facebook and its products in mainstream consumer media outlets
- Help manage external PR agencies and budgets
- Social Marketing and Integrated Communications: Have experience with developing a strategy and editorial content for brand owned channels, including across Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and other relevant channels, and understand key tenants of partnering across paid media opportunities.
- 6+ years relevant professional experience, both agency and in-house preferred; Ability to work well under pressure, with tight deadlines
- Strong project management and decision-making skills
- Experience in working with PR agencies and contractors
- Ability to think and communicate strategically with a variety of people
- Deep understanding and passion for Facebook is a must
- Excellent oral and written communications skills both in English and German
- Minimum bachelor’s degree