Facebook hosts some of the industry's most talked-about events. Creative Services is the team of designers, photographers, film producers and editors that creates content you see on and off the stage.
Communication Design Leads will art direct and deliver compelling and visually stimulating presentations. Design Leads are responsible for supporting and mentoring designers and establish and maintain exceptional design standards that push the Facebook brand.
Communication Design Leads will regularly collaborate with decision makers from diverse backgrounds and disciplines.
In your role, you will:
* Manage and mentor a team of graphic and motion graphic designers.
* Guide and enforce high standards for all deliverables.
* Provide critical feedback and solutions on both an individual basis and in a team-level environment.
* Work closely with other Communication Design Leads on resourcing, quality control, and global design decisions.
* Run weekly design reviews.
* Attend internal reviews with stakeholders and other cross-functional partners.
* Provide creative, thoughtful, and informed solutions to overall storytelling hurdles.
* Present the work effectively and clearly articulating the proposed design solutions.
* Communicate and collaborate with cross functional partners.
* Ensure Facebook branding is maintained throughout all deliverables.
* Minimum 7+ years’ agency or in-house (or similar) experience in a comparable role.
* Recent experience creating presentations and expertise with presentation software.
* Recent experience managing designers.
* A portfolio demonstrating strong design skills and a personal aesthetic with a clear understanding of visual storytelling.
* Possess an appreciation for clean and impactful aesthetic. Specifically, hierarchy, typography, color pairing, and layout.
* Extremely strong illustration and art direction background.
* Advanced proficiency in Adobe CC, particularly Photoshop and Illustrator.
* Intermediate proficiency with Keynote (or equivalent presentation design experience).
* Strong work ethic and organizational skills with a self-starter personality.
* Ability to effectively communicate with various personality types and work with non-design partners.
* Ability to provide solutions and collaborate with partners in a positive manner.
* Experience in Tech.
Undergraduate or MFA degree in design or a related field.