Facebook is seeking an experienced professional to provide technical assistance and project planning and execution to the five Facebook Community Leadership Program leaders in five different regions all over the world.
At Facebook, we see firsthand how technology is empowering leaders around the world to take action and bring their communities closer together. This work comes with unique challenges and requires a blend of vision, care, dedication, and empathy. But finding the resources and having the leadership skills to increase impact is a constant challenge for community leaders, and we want to address that need.
We started the Facebook Community Leadership Program (FCLP) to address the needs identified by community leaders. This global initiative gives 115 participants from around the world the support, tools, funding and the belief in themselves that they need to lead their communities best.
Five of these participants are called Residents and will receive up to (USD)1M to support their offline community building activities. This role will provide strategic support to the five residents directly, in person and virtually.
This role is extended to candidates based in New York.
- Support regional teams as they are the main FB point of contact for Residents
- Provides hands-on, customized strategy support to work with Residents to take their ideas and turn them into achievable and actionable plans
- Document and communicate about lessons learned, challenges, etc
- Troubleshoot and anticipate problems
- Identify and connect to internal and external supports
- Develop a tight partnership with regional policy and communications
- Support regional team to customize "in resident" experiences in local offices to support project execution
- Operational support related to FCLP curriculum/education/training
- Schedule meetings for FCLP team and speakers, gathering guests, consultants, and others as needed; take notes on these calls
- Support virtual and in person training logistics for 115 participants from 47 different countries, working closely with Events and Marketing teams
- Support survey design, collection and analysis
- Monitors milestones throughout project and support regional team to trigger next payment
- Support completion of recommendation forms
- Manage partnerships with external network/mentors/consultants to provide support to leaders or amplify broader message on communities
- Bi-weekly calls with all regional teams
- Strategic planning
- Experience working in cross-functional roles
- Experience working in fast-paced environments
- Strong execution orientation and project management skills (Self-starter, organized and proactive)
- Ability to identify trends and inefficiencies to enhance processes and drive improvements
- Ability to rapidly assess, analyze and resolve complicated issues with little initial information or direction and with varying degrees of ambiguity
- BA preferred
- Sharp project management skills, capable of collecting and sorting through reports (organized, and detailed oriented)
- Clear and focused communication skills; ability to compile information
- Experience in global payments; understanding international tax, finance, etc.
- Program management/ Design experience (management leadership, ability to train)
Nice to Have:
- Ability to hold a conversation in the following languages - Spanish, Portuguese, French and German.