Work with designers to help consolidate disparate program functions into a unified whole. Works with programmers and coders to help map out various programming tasks and smaller functions, which are then combined into larger, functioning programs or new features for existing software. Typically work in both design and development stages of the software creation. Work with dedicated designers or design teams to work out the basic things the program or update will be expected to perform. Plot out the various aspects of the automated tasks that will be necessary, usually using design documentation and flowcharts to help illustrate the process.
• Develop software for real-time VR and AR advanced research prototypes and user experiences
• Create and modify internal Oculus Research software tools that allow teams to turbocharge their research
• Collaborate between researchers, hardware engineers and software engineers
• 3+ years software programming experience in C++
• Background in 3D math
• Background with real-time systems, such as games, robotics or autonomous vehicles
BS + 3 years experience or MS + 2 years experience in Software Engineering