Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
The Facebook Design community is comprised of product designers, researchers, and content strategists who together design new products and experiences across Facebook's family of apps—including Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp, Messenger, and Oculus, among others. We are looking for an experienced Community Manager with a proven track record to develop and publish content that helps evolve Facebook Design's global brand and engage with the thriving external design community. The Community Manager will have extensive experience in all aspects of this role and will be able to work independently and positively influence the overall output across Facebook Design's social media channels. This role requires excellent communication skills and an ability to multi-task and juggle competing priorities in a fast-paced environment. A highly organized approach, attention to detail, sound judgment and consistent delivery are mandatory.
As the Community Manager, you'll partner closely with key cross-functional stakeholders to develop, plan, publish and measure Facebook Design's presence across social channels including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Dribbble. In addition to monitoring and moderating the various social channels, you'll have the opportunity to help define growth and engagement goals, manage editorial calendars, and develop creative content and curation processes. You will work closely with the Design Program Manger for Community & Reputation on the Central Design Programs team, which develops programs that enable individual and organizational growth and builds community across all of Facebook Design.
This is a contract position based in our Menlo Park office.
- Help develop and manage a social media publishing strategy across Facebook, Instagram, Dribbble, Twitter, among other communication channels, to further grow Facebook Design's distinct channel audiences and attract new talent
- Create original and repurposed content—both copywriting and visual design—for Facebook Design's social media channels that is strategically aligned with editorial priorities, recruiting goals and the broader company mission and values
- Manage day-to-day operations and track daily performance metrics across all social channels
- Monitor and moderate global community engagement across all social channels, especially with a human-centered lens—exercising sound judgment to like and comment; remove spam; monitor hashtags; respond to DMs as needed, among other activities
- Develop analytics reports and communicate progress to key stakeholders
- Understand each channel's unique audience and drive audience growth and engagement through original content and cross-promotion with other Facebook-owned channels
- Develop and uphold benchmarks for growth and engagement for social channels
- Partner with cross-functional stakeholders from Design, Recruiting and Communications teams to ensure content aligns to key narratives and brand and editorial priorities
- Identify and address opportunities for systems and process improvements
- Manage an updated set of copy and style guidelines across channels, and maintain a regular review process with key stakeholders
- Maintain a leading-edge understanding of what matters most to the global design community to help inform publishing strategy
- Stay up-to-date on the social media landscape and identify opportunities with existing and new platforms
- Update standards, guidelines and reference materials, as needed
- Minimum of 6+ years of professional experience in community management or social media strategy role within an editorial, marketing or public relations capacity
- Proficiency with social media channels including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Dribbble
- Highly experienced storyteller who can craft stories about complex topics in a simple, compelling way through text and multimedia
- Proven ability to write, edit and simplify abstract concepts for a diverse, global audience and adapt content to reach target audiences across distinct social channels
- Experience developing creative multimedia content, including but not limited to photography, video, and illustration
- Proficiency with native and third party analytics tools is critical
- Proven ability to drive audience growth and engagement through creative and measurably successful social media campaigns
- Experience collaborating in a creative environment with artists, producers, writers, photographers, designers and other cross-functional partners
- Experience working successfully in fast-paced environment that requires independent time management, task prioritization, flexibility, and keen ability to identify problems and proactively work towards solutions in highly organized manner
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects from start to finish, improvise and shift strategy and operate with ambiguity
- Positive attitude, eagerness to learn and highly dependable
- Experience working within a global company and with global audiences
- Previous experience working in design-related field
- Bachelors degree required