Facebook is seeking a Contracts Specialist for our nascent Infrastructure Contracts Management team. The Contracts Specialist will provide strategic negotiation, risk assessment and management, and contract drafting support to Facebook Infrastructure Sourcing teams, and act with a sense of urgency to drive agreements to closure. The Contracts Specialist will provide administrative support and help the team drive for efficiencies and contractual protections of Facebook across the organization. The Contracts Specialist may lead transactions globally. This role will be located remotely, until the Facebook office located in Fremont, CA re-opens.
1. Review and may lead in developing key terms in inbound agreements and efforts to optimize contract language.
2. Foster and develop a strong relationship with Sourcing Specialists, Legal, and other partners.
3. In conjunction with the Infrastructure Sourcing teams, Legal and subject matter experts, ensure all standard and team-specific terms and conditions are proper to support business requirements, and lead where necessary to address any changes or impact to the business.
4. Lead/partner with cross-functional teams to ensure compliance with Facebook policies and practices, and that contract policies and processes scale with changing business requirements.
5. Structure, draft, and lead/partner on negotiations both independently and in collaboration with Sourcing specialists, Legal or other cross-functional partners.
6. Act as primary liaison to Legal, supporting legal strategy, and assisting to assess and mitigate risk.
7. Map all executed agreements against the current templates, and lead in the agreement research, assessment of terms, and resolution of issues.
8. Proactively contribute to the continuous development and improvement of the team and related processes.
9. Partner with Sourcing specialists to define, establish, and manage agreement process SLAs that meet or exceed the needs of the business for the area assigned.
10. Develop and provide on-going contracts-related education to personnel.
11. Use contracts-related tools to manage the contracts lifecycle, and provide inputs to identify and drive tooling enhancements to improve efficiency, accuracy and ease of use.
Contract drafting and negotiation experience in the high-tech industry including hardware, software licensing and professional services. Highly motivated and able to think clearly under pressure. Strong verbal, written, analytical and interpersonal skills. Ability to flourish in an environment of fast growth and ambiguity. Ability to balance legal/contractual issues with business risk. Disciplined, organized, and flexible. Adept in working with various tools including MS Office, Oracle, and contract management tools. Able to prioritize, be highly productive and manage high volumes.